❝I’m the liaison librarian to the College of Education. I earned my MLS from the School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I work with faculty and students throughout the research lifecycle by offering in-depth research assistance and support. I enjoy using my teaching background to collaborate with faculty to integrate information literacy outcomes into class curricula both at the undergraduate and graduate levels. I’ve been involved in several projects to develop instructional tools to support student learning. One of these was the award winning , open source, Guide on the Side project which created a system that allowed librarians to quickly and easily create pedagogically sound interactive tutorials.
- IGEEIntroduction to the General Education Experience
- CYALMSChildren's and Young Adult Literature in a Multicultural Society
- Synthesis and Design Workshop: Principles for the Design of Digitally-Distributed, Studio-Based STEM Learning Environments
- UA Sets Record With 284 Inventions Disclosed in FY 2019
- UA Staff Earn National Library Award
- Learning from Failure: Creating Better Subject Guides and Course Guides Using Critical Information Literacy Practices
- Creating a Student-Centered Alternative to Research Guides: Developing the Infrastructure to Support Novice Learners
- Embedding the Library in the LMS: Is It a Good Investment for Your Organization's Information Literacy Program?
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Tools for Online Database Instruction.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of tools for online database instruction
- A New Spin on an Old Classic: Effective Online Database Instruction.
- A new approach to online database instruction: Developing the guide on the side
- Developing an Online Credit-bearing Information Fluency Course: Lessons Learned
- Project management in practice: Implementing a process to ensure accountability and success
- We are all librarians: Training in the ever evolving information commons
- A blended method for integrating information literacy instruction into English composition classes