❝Ellen coordinates the development of the USA-NPN protocols for the collection of standardized ground-based plant and animal phenology observations across the nation, and serves as a scientific data manager for the National Phenology Database.
- Collaborative Research: Phenobase: Community, Infrastructure, and Data for Global-scale Analyses of Plant Phenology
Principal Investigator (PI)
- Correction to: Updates to standardized plant and animal observation protocols of the USA National Phenology Network
- Updates to standardized plant and animal observation protocols of the USA National Phenology Network
- Science and management advancements made possible by the USA National Phenology Network’s Nature’s Notebook platform
- Science and management advancements made possible by the USA National Phenology Network’s Nature’s Notebook program
- Global COVID-19 lockdown highlights humans as both threats and custodians of the environment
- Machine Learning Using Digitized Herbarium Specimens to Advance Phenological Research
- Machine learning using digitized herbarium specimens to accelerate phenological research
- The first 10 years of the USA National Phenology Network: accomplishments and lessons learned.
- The Plant Phenology Ontology: A new informatics resource for large-scale integration of plant phenology data.
- Digitization protocol for scoring reproductive phenology from herbarium specimens of seed plants
- USA National Phenology Network observational data documentation
- The Plant Phenology Ontology: A New Informatics Resource for Large-Scale Integration of Plant Phenology Data
- Towards global data products of Essential Biodiversity Variables on species traits
- W12-04: The Plant Phenology Ontology for Phenological Data Integration
- Using phenocams to monitor our changing Earth: towards a global phenocam network
- A Phenological Legacy: Leafing and flowering data for lilacs and honeysuckles 1956-2014
- Lilac and honeysuckle phenology data 1956–2014
- Organizing phenological data resources to inform natural resource conservation
- Estimating the onset of spring from a complex phenology database: Trade-offs across geographic scales
- Targeted campaign increases activity among participants in Nature's Notebook, a citizen science project.
- Standardized phenology monitoring methods to track plant and animal activity for science and resource management applications.
- Focused Campaign Increases Activity among Participants in Nature's Notebook , a Citizen Science Project
- In situ decomposition of northern hardwood tree boles: decay rates and nutrient dynamics in wood and bark
- Phenological implications of warming temperatures and extreme climatic events
- Organizing phenological data resources to inform natural resource conservation.
- Phenology monitoring protocol: Northeast Temperate Network
- Nature's Notebook: 2012 State of the Data.
- Do nutrient limitation patterns shift from nitrogen toward phosphorus with increasing nitrogen deposition across the northeastern United States?